Career Transition/Leadership/Team Development
Today’s fast-moving business landscape calls for organisations and their people to adapt to changing circumstances rapidly, and to always be learning. Some interesting facts about learning:
- for years, notoriously low levels of transfer of learning from traditional training have been highlighted
- when studying memory, German Psychologist Hermann Ebbinghaus concluded that if new information isn’t applied, we’ll forget about 75% of information learned after just 6 days
- according to a recent Harvard Business Review article on “Where companies go wrong with learning and development” (Oct, 2019), only 25% of respondents to a recent McKinsey survey believe that traditional training measurably improved performance.
- the most significant improvements noted were in rethinking the mindsets that employees and their leaders bring to training, as well as the environment they return to afterwards.
Customised coaching for individuals or small groups can help employees not only learn the right thing, at the right time, but they also retain and apply the learning more effectively.
In the safety of more intimate conversations about careers, leadership or teamwork, significant shifts in mindset and skills are often achieved with a greater emphasis on application between sessions and over the longer term.
Sample of typical goals:
- Develop your authentic leadership style and influencing effectiveness, upwards, across and downwards in organisations
- To build self and others’ awareness for greater insights into personal effectiveness, better team relationships, and higher work satisfaction and productivity
- Explore personality (MBTI) and/or thinking style preferences (HBDI) and how they may impact your behaviours & dynamics with others
- To self-regulate emotions/mindset/behaviours to reduce elevated stress levels and enjoy your work more consistently
- To proactively manage your career including understanding your values, strengths and work interests, updating resumes that effectively nail that interview, support with job applications, building confidence with self-promotion, networking, as well as managing the job interview process successfully (particularly behavioural interviews)
Work with me
1:1 is highly recommended to allow for customisation for your particular goals.
- The length of coaching program can vary and is usually agreed upon commencement once the coaching goals are established. Anything from approximately 3-8 sessions depending on the client’s needs. Coaching can be delivered face to face when possible, or alternatively by phone or online, depending on logistics and location.
- There is no “one size fits all” approach. Typically, a coaching session is 90 minutes in duration, and some clients may work with me weekly, fortnightly, or touch base 4 times a year. All dependent on your goals and your starting point.
Prior to any engagement, I am happy to firstly have a complimentary 20 minute discovery phone call to make sure we are a good match and to find out a little more about each other.
- A variety of leadership programs which may include Influencing Skills, Interpersonal Skills & Assertiveness, Understanding Self & Others, Leading Change, and Manager as Coach.
- Also, Team Effectiveness programs typically with the use of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI), can be organised to help teams understand themselves and others around them, and aligning that with their strategic objectives.
Happy to discuss what intervention is most effective and its associated fees, depending on the objectives and context.
“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start”